Our experienced dentist may recommend a night guard to protect your teeth while you sleep. This simple oral appliance is designed to prevent damage from grinding and clenching, keeping your teeth strong and healthy and preventing you from needing more extensive restorative treatments. Contact us today at 714-532-3331 to make an appointment with Dr. Russell Kelly and learn more about night guards in Orange, California.
A night guard is used to treat teeth grinding, called bruxism, which often happens during sleep. If you or our dentist notice signs of bruxism, we may recommend a night guard to protect your teeth from damage while you sleep. Because bruxism most often occurs during sleep, people who suffer from this condition may be unaware it is happening, but you can check for signs of bruxism, such as:
- Chronic pain in the jaw, face and ear
- Frequent migraines and tension headaches
- A tired or tight feeling in the jaw when waking up
- Excessive tooth wear, leading to flattened, chipped, cracked or very worn teeth
- Increased tooth sensitivity
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
- Extremely worn tooth enamel, exposing the inner layers of the tooth
If you notice signs of bruxism in yourself, we can offer you a custom night guard to help protect your teeth and offer you relief. Your custom night guard will fit comfortably so you can sleep peacefully, and it will work effectively to protect your teeth throughout the night. To learn more about how night guards can help you sleep better, contact our dentist for a consultation. Our dental team from the City of Orange will always work to provide the best possible care for you and your smile.